If passed, Stefanik's Common Sense Waiver Act will allow municipalities to slash some of the red tape surrounding the demolition of unsafe buildings.
The Fort George Alliance will honor the collective grave of four unknown American colonist soldiers discovered in 1931 with a wreath laying ceremony on Memorial Day, May 25.
Mindy Conway, now serving as the local school district tax collector and Chester-Horicon Youth Commission Director, has announced her candidacy for the position of Town Clerk for the town of Chester.
Assemblyman Dan Stec attended a NYSHTA-sponsored legislative roundtable breakfast at the Queensbury Hotel last Friday, May 8, to provide an update on tourism-related legislation at the capitol.
Essex County Board of Supervisors Chairman Randy Douglas will resign to accept an appointment from the governor, he announced this morning.
A vision created in 1990 is one hurdle away from becoming a reality, bringing new life to the pits and underground tunnels that put Mineville on the map.
Essex farmer appears on Fred Dicker show
Essex County reached Capital-area airwaves this morning when Essex-based cattle farmer Sandy Lewis appeared on Fred Dicker’s Talk 1300 radio show to discuss a variety of local issues.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo said last week's state’s education reforms will be a bedrock of his legacy. But for one powerful union, they’re a disgraceful sham.
Following the passage of the state budget on Tuesday, New York’s education system is set to implement some of its most dramatic and fundamental reforms in years.
Essex County lawmakers and environmental groups say the approved increase to the state's oil spill fund is crucial as more oil tankers roll through the region.
The embattled Essex town clerk has been granted conditional bond following his arrest last month on a series of federal pornography charges.
Political observers are speculating that Westcott might be trimming his responsibilities so he can conduct advance work on a campaign to elect U.S. Rep. Chris Gibson to the governor's office in 2018.
NWCS to receive $297,000 from the Smart Schools Bond Act to upgrade technology and promote college and career readiness.
Traditional hoteliers are pressuring Essex County to close what they view as a bed tax loophole on vacation rental properties.
The public may get the opportunity to vote on whether the controversial sale of the county-owned Westmount nursing home should proceed without a formal bid process or auction.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link 1 comment
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- Lewis on Fred Dicker
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board