Voters torpedoed the town’s purchase of Frontier Town on Thursday in a vote of 80 to 52. Town officials, who voted unanimously to use funds from their general reserve fund to purchase the park earlier this year, hoped their acquisition of the former Wild West theme park would act as a catalyst for an economic resurgence.
Wednesday's House vote to equip Syrian rebels has entered the discussion in the race for New York's 21st Congressional District
Congressman Bill Owens and Aaron Woolf called for Elise Stefanik to support federal legislation that would benefit middle class voters in the district in a joint press conference on Wednesday.
Legendary consumer crusader Ralph Nader blasts corporate influence in politics as he campaigns for Congressional Candidate Matt Funiciello, who has been a Green Party member and Nader advocate for years.
Green Party gubernatorial candidate Howie Hawkins said most New Yorkers are inherently progressive and it's a crime that he's been locked out of the upcoming debates
Republican Elise Stefanik has an early lead over Democrat Aaron Woolf in New York's 21st Congressional race, with Green Party candidate Matt Funiciello garnering 10 percent.
Champlain National Bank has committed, once again, to be a Pacesetter for the United Way Campaign.
Gubernatorial Republican hopeful Rob Astorino chomps sausage, lobs political grenades at the Great State New York State Fair.
In this congressional race, three candidates (maybe four) will be on the ballot.
Aaron Woolf, the Democratic candidate for New York’s 21st Congessional District, took his fight to preserve Medicare and Social Security to Willsboro this morning in a joint appearance with Congressman Bill Owens.
As the race for New York’s 21st Congressional District enters the next stretch before voters head to the polls in November, Aaron Woolf says momentum is on his side.
It’s a tremendous honor to be running for United States Congress from our beautiful and diverse district and it is a particular honor to present my candidacy in this publication.
An Adirondack Journal exclusive report
Evelyn Wood chastises the town councilmen for clandestine decision making and inaction on a DEC directives, citing that they may be putting town finances at risk.
We are at a critical time in our state and in our nation.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link 1 comment
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board