The town of Chester's water tank has a coating containing lead — but fortunately for public health, it's on the vessel's exterior. Dealing with this issue — as well as Bti-application contracts and budget issues — led to a lengthy town board meeting recently with a lot of decision-making.
'Peace, Paws, and Music’ fest in Chester
A new event in northern Warren County that's intended to encourage dogs and their families to enjoy a getaway together, is now moving forward toward its June 2015 debut.
Two professional partyers, authors of the popular book 'Happy Hour in the High Peaks,' are sponsoring a bartending competition set for 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 15 in North Creek.
The Hyde Collection announces the promotion of Evaleena Fisher as the Museum’s new curator of education, effective immediately.
The trustees of the Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation have announced that they have funded, all or in part, a record 36 of the 67 grant applications they received this year.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced $500,000 in grants will be awarded to communities in the Adirondacks to enhance business development and access to the State’s newly-acquired former Finch, Pruyn & Co. lands.
Pottersville's one-of-a-kind model train display museum — with its cityscapes crafted by Tony award-winning set designer Clarke Dunham — was saved from the auction block Tuesday, and Clarke and Barbara Dunham plan to keep the world-class venue operating in northern Warren County.
Operation Christmas Child is hoping to collect more than 8,500 gift-filled shoeboxes from Ticonderoga to Champlain and across Franklin, Clinton, Essex and St. Lawrence Counties.
With the Warrensburg EMS squad running a $50,000 deficit, the town board votes to boost its annual $40,000 appropriation by $10,000.
The concept of “wellness travel” is an exploding industry in the North Country.
Swindlers are calling businesses and individuals and telling them their power will be shut off if they don’t pay their “overdue bill,” reported New York State Police in an alert last week.
It's taken time, but the Saratoga-North Creek Railway is becoming more and more sustainable — with new freight contracts in the works, a boost in passenger traffic and a record number of reservations for its immensely popular Polar Express themed excursions.
The new medical center which will both transform downtown Warrensburg and advance health care in Northern Warren County is to be dedicated to the man who's devoted 40 years of his life to improving the health and lives of southern Adirondack residents.
Mountain Lakes continues their campaign to be included in Time Warner's cable channel lineup.
The fifth annual Lights On Artisan Fair will be held Dec. 6 from 11 to 3 p.m. at the Copperfield Inn.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board