Tressie LaFay of Saratoga Springs has been appointed assistant to the president at SUNY Adirondack.
The Bolton Landing Farmers Market continues to run every Friday through Sept. 12 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the parking lot of Blessed Sacrament on Goodman Ave.
Homegrown music, art and locally crafted food are featured in Saturday's Thurman showcase, an expo that reveals insights into mountain-town traditions and culture.
With farmers' markets now proliferating in the southern Adirondacks, it's appropriate to review the market that lead the way and recognize the venue's founder Teresa Whalen and her tole in promoting fresh local, nutritious food for all.
The cheapest service doesn't always offer the best value, and the town of Warrensburg's new purchasing policy reflects this truism.
Enthusiasts of fresh, local produce in the Warrensburg area will now have two local weekly markets to patronize.
A hotel and conference center development project predicted to change the ambiance of Lake George while boosting jobs and area commerce — as well as attracting upscale visitors — received a key permit approval from the Adirondack Park Agency.
Clinton County Treasurer Kimberly Davis has announced that Clinton County will hold a Real Property Tax Foreclosure Auction of approximately 50 properties on Wednesday, July 23 at the West Side Ballroom, located at 253 New York Road in Plattsburgh, NY.
Warren County's Economic Development czar Ed Bartholomew is frustrated about red tape involved with rail transportation, vital for moving area industries' products to national and international customers at a competitive price. His concerns have resulted in a task force being formed to address the issue, and area government leaders have now signed on.
Eric and Lois Melito, owners of One on 1 Design, have created a beautiful “wildflowers,” design t-shirt, the proceeds of which will benefit High Peaks Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc.
Joanie Cunningham, of Schroon Lake has developed a new marketing internet based network to showcase the Adirondacks to the Northeast.
The Stony Creek Library, 37 Harrisburg Road, has announced events for July and August.
The FUND for Lake George is providing a grant of $10,000 to the Lake George Park Commission for training approximately 50 boat inspection technicians.
At a special press conference July 1, President and CEO Beth Hill announced the historic site brings in almost $9 million annually in economic impact, factoring in visitor spending from tourists; spending by Fort Ticonderoga in its daily operations; the indirect and induced impacts created by labor income as it flows into the regional economy; and tax revenue generated by that spending.
Fingerlakes Construction (FLC) in Clyde, New York is expanding with the addition of a new Structural Insulated Panel (SIP) manufacturing plant.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board