The strange saga of how a local businessman and civic fixture conned a trusting North Country community, one nickel at a time.
An independent agency in northern Warren County is uplifting hundreds of families' lives, and benefactors of the organization talk about its remarkable outreach during its annual benefit gala.
Controversy over the pending sale of Westmount nursing home erupted again as documents were revealed that show the pending owner plans to cut staff and slash employee benefits at the facility when it is transferred to private ownership.
The Adirondack Tri-County Nursing Home honored its auxiliary last Thursday for 40 years of continuous service to the home and their residents.
Adele Tresten of Chestertown and Nadine Magee of Brant Lake have joined the Town of Chester Library Board for five year terms as trustees.
The old Warrensburg Health Center building has finally been torn down about five weeks after a far-larger $9.5 million health center structure opened to the public.
The Adirondack Land Trust is delighted to announce that the F. M. Kirby Foundation has made a $2 million commitment to help fund perpetual care of working farms and forests under conservation easements.
The Essex Community Fund (ECF) is now accepting applications for 2015 grants.
The congresswoman paid a visit to the Glens Falls paper mill last week to hear company representative's concerns about the future of the logging industry.
Garrett Combs' Warrensburg-based tutoring service has helped 33 area students and counting.
A store that features intriguing handcrafted wares from area artisans as well as hosting art workshops has located in Chestertown, and an opening reception is set for Saturday April 11.
The Lake George Land Conservancy (LGLC) recently completed the purchase of more than 18 acres in the Town of Putnam (Washington County) that provides a point of public access to LGLC’s 189-acre Anthony’s Nose property.
Rachael Ray shared candid conversation, quips, and insights into celebrity life as as well as a few recipes during her 13th annual benefit show at Lake George High School recently — and the capacity audience was captivated.
Petitions intended to force a public vote on the controversial sale of Warren County's Westmount nursing home to a private firm have been submitted to county officials, but a decision is pending on whether the number of signatures is adequate for the petitioners to achieve their objective.
Warrensburg Chiropractic expands its services and focuses on wellness, weight loss and healthy lifestyles as Ashley Seaver, a Doctor of Chiropractic, joins the enterprise.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board